Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I only get sick when I'm away from home....


I'm recovering from a cold. A firm believer in exercise makes sickness go away, I was on the treadmill in Chicago twice trying to remedy my cold symptoms.

As this picture illustrates, being sick on the road is the worst. Rule #1: Don't have your picture taken when you're sick...This was taken in August 2005 at Darling Harbour in Sydney, and proves it to no end. The drink is a Serengeti Sunrise...the most divine drink ever, and I was having a great time with my friends Louisa and Elizabeth...but you can't hide the fact you can't breathe, speak, or are so not functioning normally, even when your friends are all smiles! Elizabeth was heading back to the US, and we were toasting our vacation, and I look as green as my shirt!

I seem to get sick when I'm away...wicked cold in London, terrible seasickness, cold, and a loss of voice in Australia. Stomach virus on the plane home from LA. Same when coming back from Israel. Is it me, or is it the planes?!?!

The meds I bought from Boots in London just expired. I needed to show proof of identity to buy cold medicine in Tasmania. I wish there were black currant throat lozenges here. Don't even get me started on why we need national health care here...

But the cold is much better today, probably because I'm home. I'm down to just vitamin C.

No comments:

Post a Comment