Sunday, September 16, 2007

driving connecticut

My green backpack couldn't make it to Connecticut this weekend. So my purple one filled in just fine. I spent Friday afternoon driving into Connecticut and stayed until this afternoon.
I left Simsbury this morning around 11:30 and arrived in Willimantic around 12:30. Today was the ideal Fall day...sun shining, cold enough for long sleeves, long pants, but still warm enough for flip-flops, and just a hint of foliage. Mapquest didn't lie...it took me an hour to cover the 41 miles. Though I had taken Route 6 twice before, once coming from Providence in a snowstorm, and another at night for a party, I hadn't realized what a gorgeous ride it is. I actually was enjoying somewhat rural Connecticut. After meeting up with my friend in Willimantic, I continued on through Storrs, and then onto I-84, and the MassPike, reaching Boston at 4. Fall is here. Time to change the clothes in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment