Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A week's worth of observations...September 4, 2009

***Could not believe the international out pouring over Ted Kennedy's death. Absolutely astounding.

***Would do a wine and food tour in Tuscany any day - it was fantastic! Traveling in a minivan all over Tuscany as part of a six woman group - priceless!

***Italy smells of leather and pizza and I could be fine if those were the only smells I experience for the rest of my life

***Limiting gelato to once per day is very difficult

***Not sure if I'd fly Alitalia again. Kinda sketchy. AirFrance has more of a chance, but the plane cannot compare in any manner to Virgin Atlantic - the best -that's it.

***Someday, maybe sooner than I expect, I will cash in my FF miles and fly first class - I've been amassing miles for almost 10 years with very little to show.

***I think the guy who say next to Jesse and I when we went to Paris in January 2008 is on the plane - in an exit row - of course, all those miles he accumulated from his uber-exclusive job.

***The flight is late going back to the US - one of the first times we've been this late in all my years

***My bruise from falling at the Duomo in Florence is ridiculous. Of course I would fall on my face in a dress

***Leaving Venice in a water taxi is hands down the best exit from a city. It was almost James Bond like. I could not believe that we arrived at the airport (Marco Polo) in 20 minutes. It made up for not taking the gondola ride in the city.

***Lido is the best. When I return to Venice, I'm going back to Lido and renting a cabana all afternoon - it was fantastic - the sand was so soft, the water so warm. Perfect beach day - such a fan!

***Prosecco or Bellini--love them both. Not sure which I prefer, though partial to the Bellini...

***Shopping, wine, gelato, and chocolate make for the best times on womens vacations...

***Flying transatlantic alone is just not fun. It's much more enjoyable to have someone to talk to about the food with and to make the time go by much faster.

***This has to be my last trip to Europe this year! Twice in one year is incredible. No more trips unless the US dollar tanks even further.

***I really, really want to fly Lufthansa after all the hype I've heard. Is is really as good as its passengers proclaim???

***Finally have made it to Italy, but need to get to Rome. Where else on the list? Austria, Scandinavia, have to think about the rest...

***So glad Raegan and I rented cell phones. It made it much easier to separate. Thank goodness I got the charger to work at the Una Hotel

***Loved all three hotels: Dona Palace, Hotel Brunelleschi, and Una Hotel. All were what we needed in good locations.

***Would stay in Carneggio again. Loved being able to walk to the touristy spots, but with the relaxed vibe of the neighborhood.

***Will wear dresses and skirts when it's hot on vacation. So easy and much moe comfortable than shorts.

***Loved the market in Florence. Loved shopping with Raegan. We had the perfect girls getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment