Friday, December 28, 2007

when will i see you again?

I took my beloved green backpack to the LLBean store in Mansfield this afternoon to be repaired. It didn't go to the mothership in Freeport, Maine since I was told over the phone that I could go to a retail store, and they would send it to Freeport to be repaired. I turned down the free bag, and I cited my call to the Call Center this morning regarding the repair.
It was really hard handing over my bag. I may not again see the scruffy backpack that has accompanied me to every foreign country I've visited. It was hard to part with the Qantas luggage tags from my flight to Sydney, or the valet tags from the Fairmont Chicago. Just this morning I pulled out a 10 year old ticket for the Rennes Star bus from my term abroad.
I filled out the makeshift information form, and I'm curiously awaiting confirmation that it will be repaired in Maine. Fingers crossed. T-minus 13 days to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment